- n a wide scope
- n the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
- n a wide and open space or area as of surface or land or sky
- The classic conditions for a successful revolution were almost wholly absent: the great mass of have-nots had been humbled into docile collusion, the geographic expanse of the .
- Here's a mental exercise: picture a tropical paradise lost in an endless expanse of cerulean ocean.
- From saving wild mountain rivers in China to measuring the Arctic's icy expanse, from protecting the lush forests of Africa to conducting a feisty online debate, our green heroes .
News & Articles
- Reds 4, Pirates 1
By Travis Sawchik, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review CINCINNATI — Great American Ball Park is not a favorable venue for any pitcher. And it is a particularly unwelcoming expanse for a weakened staff ...
June 18, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Cross-Gen Games Put Next-Gen Foot Forward At E3
One of the biggest questions we've gotten from readers is whether upgrading to next-generation hardware will be worth the investment at launch. Unsurprisingly, publishers didn't take up valuable booth space to give us the answer. Across the expanse of the Los Angeles Convention Center, we only found one game running on different sets of hardware: DC Universe Online . That title has seen a ...
June 17, 2013 - Game Informer
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
In all the rush of music, food and people watching there was a ceremony in a quiet area of the Eastgate Mall Wednesday. Tucked into an edge of a vast expanse of asphalt is the Brainerd Mission Cemetery. It is the last visible evidence of a community that thrived in that area in the early 1800’s.
June 17, 2013 - The Chattanoogan
- Peter Garrett in Sydney Morning Herald
From the cockpit, the expanse of the continent took my breath away,Mr Garrett said. "To see the icebergs, the small amount of settlement here and nothing as far as you could see in every direction and then this runway appears as if from...
- Robert Gates in Los Angeles Times
Fundamentally, the entire country was one big ammo dump,Gates said. "We're doing our best to try and find them, but given the expanse of the country and all the other tasks which the military is trying to carry out there, it'sa huge task."
- Sean McCormack in Reuters UK
If you think about this expanse of time and what has happened in that period of time -- we have had a man land on the moon, the Internet, the Berlin Wall fall and we have had 10 US presidents,McCormack said.