exchanged : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give to, and receive from, one another
- v exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
- v change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence
- v hand over one and receive another, approximately equivalent
- v put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items
- v exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- s changed for (replaced by) something different
News & Articles
- Sheriff's deputy, suspect exchange gunfire during pot raid
Authorities spent more than five hours Tuesday looking for a man who allegedly exchanged gunfire with a sheriff's deputy before disappearing into heavily wooded terrain on private property in Willits, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office.
June 12, 2013 - The Willits News
- Prosecution Says "Code Words" Exchanged in Plot to Kill
Author: Christine Pitawanich Medford Secret code words exchanged...and a plot to kill. That's what one prosecutor in a Jackson County courtroom said was discussed between a sister and brother. New details are coming out about secret code words and a woman accused of plotting to kill an alleged hit-man who testified against her brother, the man accused of murdering his wife. "They talk about ...
June 11, 2013 - KOBI - KOTI Medford-Klamath Falls
- EMC Corporation (EMC) Entices Short-Term Optimists
Bullish betting is running slightly higher than usual on EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today, with roughly 13,000 calls crossing the tape so far -- about double the number of puts exchanged...( Read More )
June 11, 2013 - Schaeffers Research
- Barack Obama in The Daily Voice
And my suspicion is that words were exchanged between the police officer and Mr. Gates and that everybody should have just settled down and cooler heads should have prevailed,Obama said in a ABC News appearance.
- Jennifer Aniston in INDYchannel.com
We have exchanged a few very kind hellos and wishing you wells and sending you love and congratulations on your babies,Aniston told Vogue.
- President Bush in Washington Post
The weather cooperated nicely,Bush said about the wedding at his 1,600-acre Texas ranch. "Just as the vows were exchanged, the sun set over our lake and it was just a special day and a wonderful day and we're mighty blessed."