everglades : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large subtropical swamp in southern Florida that is noted for its wildlife
- Shawn Heflick holds a nine and a half foot Burmese python that he caught with Greg Graziani at Brown's Island in the Everglades west of Fort Lauderdale.
News & Articles
- Everglades Wonder Gardens reopens Saturday
Doors will open tomorrow for a new and improved Southwest Florida treasure. Everglades Wonder Gardens in Bonita Springs has been an attraction since the 1930s. Once the Piper family had to close their doors because of a family illness, there was concern that the place would close down for good.
June 15, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers
- Everglades help at risk over state, federal cost dispute
A standoff between the state and federal government over a new Everglades restoration plan means time could run out on getting Congress to help pay for it.
June 13, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Port Everglades smoke stacks to be demolished
PORT EVERGLADES, Fla. (WSVN) -- A source of pollution in South Florida is about to become a thing of the past on Sunday. A demolition date was finally set at Port Everglades to demolish the four, 350-foot red and white smoke stacks that have spewed out smoke in Fort Lauderdale for half a century.
June 13, 2013 - 7 News Miami
- John McCain in Washington Post
So you just answered your own question,McCain said. "I am committed to the preservation of the Everglades. I do not, and will not, and am proud not to have, voted for omnibus spending bills."
- Eric Draper in Forbes
The federal government simply isn't in a position now to be able to afford the promises made with Everglades restoration, and the price just keeps going up,Draper said. "The federal government is broke. The state has deep budget...
- Bill Nelson in Wall Street Journal Blogs (blog)
We need to get a grip on pythons invading America's Everglades,Nelson says in the letter. "They are threatening endangered wildlife there - and, Lord forbid, a visitor in the Everglades ever encounters one."