evenly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
a class evenly divided between girls and boys
- r in a level and regular way
- In early August voters divided evenly, 47% - 47% on Iraq.
- The LECs illuminate surfaces evenly but can also be programmed to dim, fade or flash on contact.
- The candidates split evenly on being more believable, 44% for Cheney, 43% for Edwards.
News & Articles
- Bruins have what it takes to beat Blackhawks for Stanley Cup
The Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks seem evenly matched as the two Original 6 franchise meet in the Stanley Cup Final beginning tonight. The Bruins’ defense and goaltending should carry them to their second Cup in three years.
June 12, 2013 - The Brockton Enterprise
- Explainer: Why does microwaving water result in lousy tea?
A reader recently wrote in to ask: Why is tea made with microwave-heated water so lousy compared to tea made with water boiled in a kettle? Because a proper cup of black tea must be made with water that’s come to a rolling boil. A kettle is designed to heat water evenly to 212 degrees.
June 12, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Stanley Cup Playoffs 2013: Boston Bruins Will Crush Chicago Blackhawks in 5
On the surface, the Chicago Blackhawks appear to be evenly matched with the Boston Bruins in the final playoff series of 2013, but perception isn't always reality. The Bruins have a clear edge in a few key areas, and Boston will win this series in five games to take home the Stanley Cup. If we were judging these two teams based on their regular-season performances, Chicago would be the easy ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Phil Jackson in United Press International
That kind of disparity we don't like in ball games,said Jackson during his post-game news conference. "That's not equal refereeing, and those are the things that change the course of games. We want the game to be fair and evenly played."
- Darren Fletcher in Sportinglife.com
Fletcher said: "We owe Chelsea one. We lost the FA Cup final and then lost the league game the other day, though we managed to win at Old Trafford. They have been very close games and they are two fairly evenly-matched teams. Chelsea are a powerful...
- David Bonior in TIME
Not long afterward, former Rep. David Bonior of Michigan, speaking on behalf of the Obama campaign, said the delegates "should be split evenly between the two candidates."