eurocentric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a focussed on Europe and the Europeans
- Look at some eurocentric furnishing (the royals anyone?) or Donald Trump (ever see his house?) or Graceland the home of your "Almighty King" who appropriated the blues and rock and .
News & Articles
- Feminist activist Gloria Steinem urges MCLA audience to cast aside labels
NORTH ADAMS, Mass - The patriarchal system took one on the chin Tuesday night when Gloria Steinem spoke to a capacity crowd at MCLA. Steinem, a singular figure in the campaign for equal rights for women and for all of humanity since the late 1960s, explained to a crowd of believers that the Eurocentric patriarchal system of society is dysfunctional.
March 6, 2014 - Bennington Banner
- Gavin Menzies in Reuters UK
If accepted, the claim would force an "agonising reappraisal of the Eurocentric view of history", Menzies says in his book "1434: The Year A Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed To Italy and Ignited The Renaissance".
- John Negroponte in AFP
We are still inkept by a sort of Eurocentric idea of foreign policy,Negroponte, who is now in the private sector, told a forum in Washington.
- Alan Garcia in Reuters.uk
This is a Eurocentric decision,Garcia told reporters. "The people who have taken it see the world as if it were their country."