- a relating to the esophagus
- Indeed, population studies in China link drinking green tea daily with a lowered risk of stomach, esophageal and liver cancers.
- He has special interests in a variety of laparoscopic techniques, including surgery for severe obesity, anti-reflux surgery, esophageal surgery, colon resection, and adrenalectomy .
- His conclusionnot yet reviewed by peersis that "obese people have consistently raised risks of esophageal adenocarcinoma and that this risk is apparent even for modestly .
News & Articles
- West Penn Allegheny Clinical Trial Tests New Barrett's Esophagus Treatment
Pittsburgh researchers are investigating whether a new ablation technology can provide safer and more effective treatment for patients with Barrett’s esophagus, a condition that can progress to esophageal cancer if left untreated. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823110.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- GerdNerd! 5 Acid Reflux Myths
BACKGROUND: One in ten Americans experiences heartburn symptoms at least once a week. Heartburn is a painful burning feeling in the chest or throat. It happens when stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a digestive disorder that affects the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach. Many people ...
June 11, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Cop from Hawthorne who died of cancer likely eligible for 9/11 fund, PBA says
A Hawthorne man who died of esophageal cancer after serving nearly 30 years in the New York City Police Department likely will qualify for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, a union representative said.
June 10, 2013 - The Journal News
- Urban Meyer in USA Today
The biggest thing is I wanted to find out what those darn chest pains were and I did,Meyer said. "It's esophageal spasms, and they've got me on some medications. I've just got to be smarter in the future, and I'm going to be. I'm not going...