erstwhile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s belonging to some prior time
- r at a previous time;
her erstwhile writing
- On one side is Ortega, one of the Sandinista founders, and still a doctrinaire leftist; on the other, Bendana, his erstwhile stepson-in-law, makes no secret of the fact that even .
- Commander Moua, too, wonders where his erstwhile American allies have gone.
- Denouncing the erstwhile invader may provide an ideological buttress for China's own leadership.
News & Articles
- Pro Golf Commentary: Garcia can't stop apologizing to Tiger
A handshake on the driving range. A handwritten note left quietly in his locker. About the only thing Sergio Garcia hasn't done this week is send Tiger Woods a box of chocolates. There's still time, of course, since the two erstwhile rivals don't tee off until Thursday in the U.S. Open at muddy Merion Golf Club. On second thought, maybe a nice bouquet of flowers tucked inside one of those wicker ...
June 12, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Column: Garcia can't stop apologizing to Tiger
ARDMORE, PA. (AP) - A handshake on the driving range. A handwritten note left quietly in his locker. About the only thing Sergio Garcia hasn't done this week is send Tiger Woods a box of chocolates. There's still time, of course, since the two erstwhile rivals don't tee off until Thursday in ...
June 11, 2013 - The Washington Times
- BART's Dorothy Dugger Just the Latest Transit Boss to Earn Bucks for Not Working
The news that erstwhile BART general manager Dorthy Dugger remains the rail service's highest-paid employee -- despite being offboarded by BART's board of directors in 2011 -- is beguiling. Sadl...
June 10, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- Swraj Paul in Hindu
She was a great Prime Minister......and a greater human being. She gave nationhood for India and she would stand up to the erstwhile USSR or the USA or anybody else,Lord Paul, who had written a book on Gandhi and was considered a close friend...
- Andrew Bacevich in The Canberra Times
As a merged entity, it is proposed to operate all flights under a common code. Air India is currently in the process of imeplementing a combined new state-of-the-art PSS. All erstwhile Air India and Indian Airlines flights will be migrated to this... Praful Patel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praful_Patel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGBzeMrs70oKFo-D5AMSD3ZoE_nfw Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200812112093.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGubim-_JBAj7wrAue3Iy7eIdabaQ Dec 11, 2008
34023 43473 erstwhile Here is somebody who is sufficiently confident in his own abilities that he doesn't fear allowing into his cabinet an erstwhile rival," said Andrew Bacevich, professor of international relations at Boston University.