- n the difference between the market value of a property and the claims held against it
- n the ownership interest of shareholders in a corporation
- n conformity with rules or standards
- I'm planning to attend some of the Buyouts East conference today to learn a little about what's up in private equityland, and to prepare I've been leafing through a friend's copy .
- The other day I was honored to receive the first-ever Maxwell Smart Prize for Mediocrity in Financial Journalism, from the private-equity blog Going Private.
- With the first of several congressional hearings to come on private equity taxation happening today in 215 Dirksen Senate Office Building (hurry! hurry! you can still get there for .
News & Articles
- JPMorgan's private equity unit to become independent
(Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co said its private equity unit, One Equity Partners, will become independent from the bank and raise future funds from an external group of partners. One Equity will continue to make direct investments for the bank for an interim period and still manage the existing group of portfolio companies for it. One Equity currently manages about $4.5 billion in investments ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ben Bernanke threatens private equity
Private equity's refinancing 'fun' may be coming to an end.
June 14, 2013 - CNN Money
- Equity Residential Declares Second Quarter Dividends
Equity Residential today announced that its Board of Trustees declared dividends on the company’s common and preferred shares. A common share dividend of $0.40 per shar
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ben Bernanke in NEWS.com.au
The demand for housing seems to have weakened further,Mr Bernanke said, while "a number of factors, including higher oil prices, lower equity prices, and softening home values, seem likely to weigh on consumer spending as we move into...
- Henry Paulson in Reuters UK
Consistent with the legislation, any equity the government purchases through a broadly available equity program would be on a non-voting basis, except with respect to the market-standard terms to protect our rights as investors,Paulson said.
- Eric Schmidt in San Francisco Chronicle
We didn't reach this decision lightly; after all, we had a fair amount of brand equity tied up in our old name,Schmidt added. "But the more we surfed around (the former) Topeka's municipal Web site, the more kinship we felt with this fine...