- n the great circle on the celestial sphere midway between the celestial poles
- a relating to the vicinity of the equator
- a relating to an equinox (when the lengths of night and day are equal)
- Hardly had the equinoctial orgy begun, when it turned as bleak as a midwinter blizzard.
- An ecumenical rundown of all the world's most important places of worship, from the equinoctial siting at Stonehenge to the bland Meditation Room at the United Nations.
- Additional plotting revealed that alignment of other stones had pinpointed equinoctial positions of the rising and setting sun and moon, enabling Stonehenge observers to .