equilibrate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bring to a chemical stasis or equilibrium
- v bring into balance or equilibrium
- To form such a market would equilibrate supply and demand, eliminating the shortage.
- Looking at the current situation, simply letting go and giving 'the market' a chance to re-equilibrate itself is a massive gamble.
- Gary Becker in Wall Street Journal
The lower prices are getting people to buy, and that's how you equilibrate a market,says Gary Becker, a University of Chicago economics professor who won the 1992 Nobel Prize for research in microeconomics.