- n an informal alliance between countries
- n a friendly understanding between political powers
- Secret diplomacy as practiced by Benito Mussolini led in Rome last week to an Italo-French entente of first importance for the peace of Europe.
- Some pay tribute to the late statesman as the originator of the Entente Cordiale, which he was not.
- It was stated that the principal agendum was the formation of a definite entente among the Baltic States to safeguard the territorial and political independence of each and to .
News & Articles
- Japan, Russia cosy up as China dispute simmers
Tokyo (AFP) Oct 31, 2013 Tokyo will play host to the foreign and defence ministers of Russia from Friday, the latest stage of a burgeoning relationship that represents a rare neighbourly entente for Japan. Sergei Lavrov and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu will meet their Japanese counterparts Fumio Kishida and Itsunori Onodera in Tokyo in a so-called "2+2", something that Japan has only ever done ...
Nov. 1, 2013 - Space War
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Forbes
I have come to Algeria to take part in an entente between two sovereign peoples who have a rocky history but who now want to resolutely turn toward the future,Sarkozy said.
- Viktor Yushchenko in Reuters UK
If there is no dialogue, a minimum of understanding, parliament won't be able to start working. No one will sit in parliament if there isn't a minimum of entente,Yushchenko told French interviewers before meeting President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Ange-Felix Patasse in RÃ©publique Togolaise
I have not come to judge but to find grounds for entente and to tackle the problems of the Central African Republic,Patasse told reporters upon his arrival in Banqui aboard an aircraft chartered by Gabon.