ennui : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the feeling of being bored by something tedious
- The trendiest neighborhoods in Tokyo, Seoul and Taipei are filled with disaffected kids playing hooky, their ennui relieved by designer drugs and designer shopping.
- French and Italian cafes ditched the handmade espresso years ago for automation and don't seem to have suffered ennui because of it.
- Jake was horribly wounded in the warin fact, he was effectively geldedso he spends his time in Paris getting drunk in cafes, nursing his ennui, bantering with his hard-boiled .
News & Articles
- Can Tao Lin see the future?
Tao Lin offers up an ultra-self-involved, defiantly and egregiously boring story about a social-media compulsive who leads an idle life of passive urban blankness. Tao Lin's new novel, "Taipei," is more obviously autobiographical than previous efforts — about a young, male, Asian American New York urbanite and social-media compulsive paralyzed by a robot-ennui style of depression.
June 21, 2013 - Los Angeles Times