- n the passing of a law by a legislative body
- n a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- n acting the part of a character on stage; dramatically representing the character by speech and action and gesture
- One change since then is on the starting timetable: troop reductions are to begin within 90 days of enactment, rather than the previous 120 days of enactment.
- His Israel is a modern, democratic society, not a biblical re-enactment.
- In the current debate about our health care system, we are firmly committed to enactment of comprehensive reform this year.
News & Articles
- History replayed at Monmouth Battlefield
By REGINA YORKGITIS Staff Writer This year marks the 235th anniversary of the Battle of Monmouth and the first re-enactment since the new Visitor Center opened at Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Route 33, Manalapan. Dressed in their Revolutionary War finest, more than 1,000 volunteers are expected to march on Monmouth Battlefield State Park to re-enact 18th-century warfare on June 15 and 16 ...
June 12, 2013 - Suburban
- Obama observes 50th anniversary of Equal Pay Act
President Barack Obama says that 50 years after enactment of the Equal Pay Act, the nation still faces gender wage disparities that must be fixed. "This is the 21st century," he declared. "It's ...
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Re-enactment of Civil War clash at Marmet scheduled for Saturday
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A re-enactment of a skirmish, involving Confederate troops under the command of Gen. William Loring firing on retreating Union troops as they crossed the Kanawha River to reach their encampment at present-day Belle, will take place...
June 6, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Robert Gates in FOXNews
I've been pretty clear that I think the enactment of specific deadlines would be a bad mistake,Gates said.
- Marc Racicot in International Herald Tribune
Today's vote is a major accomplishment and will help extend the market stability and certainty that TRIA has provided since its enactment in 2002,said former Montana Gov. Marc Racicot, president of the American Insurance Association. "This...
- Edward Kennedy in AFP
Decade after decade, Big Tobacco has seduced millions of teenagers into lifetimes of addiction and premature death,Kennedy said. "Enactment of this legislation will finally put a stop to that. It is truly a life-saving act, and a welcome...