emu : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism
- n large Australian flightless bird similar to the ostrich but smaller
- Sure, it has been absent from American haute cuisine since, well, forever, even as meat fads like emu and ostrich have come and gone.
- The farmers say the emu was slammed by a commercial featuring a hucksterish emu rancher who promotes the ostrich-like bird as "the pork of the future.
- Sometimes animal passions become actively embarrassing; recently, while a repairman was crouching in an emu's enclosure, the huge, ostrichlike Australian bird decided that the .
- Joaquin Almunia in Earthtimes (press release)
EMU is a solid construction and a remarkable achievement,said Almunia.
- Townsend Bell in F1SA
This is all great news,Bell said of the footwear company. "I can't be any more pleased with the enthusiasm I've received from friends and colleagues wanting to be a part of my IndyCar Series return. Emu Australia is another company that...
- Jean-Claude Trichet in Market News International
Asked what should have been done differently from the outset of monetary union, Trichet replied that "the strict, rigorous implementation of the Stability and Growth Pact, which was a crucial part of the EMU, proved to be absolutely of the essence."