- v provide a new emplacement for guns
- v put into place or position
the box with the ancestors' ashes was emplaced on the top shelf of the house altar
- It was a "train the trainer" team that was moving around the region to teach locals how to emplace bombs, he says.
- But, the Pentagon said, "it is impossible to avoid all damage to civilian areas, especially when the North Vietnamese deliberately emplace" military targets in populated areas.
- With the capture of the Channel coast near Calais it also became possible for Hitler to emplace heavy artillery units to command not only the Channel but the British shore opposite .
News & Articles
- That sinking feeling on the Mississippi Delta
Every engineering control has its drawbacks. As communities upstream of the Mississippi Delta continue to emplace dams and other flood control measures to prevent community flooding, less sediment is pulled from the lands upstream. Flood control measures have eliminated about half of the annual supply of marshland sediment to the Mississippi Delta. The existing soils continue to compact and sink ...
April 21, 2014 - Environmental News Network