- n special importance or significance
the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis
- n intensity or forcefulness of expression
his emphasis on civil rights
- n special and significant stress by means of position or repetition e.g.
- n the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
- Should the role of the Virgin Mary in the life of Jesus be given greater emphasis in Protestant theology? Yes No Don't Know.
- As Premier, Wen has guided China's tectonic economy, supporting continued economic reform and growth but also pointedly calling for greater emphasis on social equality for those .
- The "economic problem is not if we look into the future the permanent problem of the human race," he wrote (liberally using italics for emphasis).
News & Articles
- For Afghan Scouts, 'Be Prepared' takes on a new meaning
Organizers of Afghanistan's nascent Scouting program say its emphasis on community service and self-reliance is sorely needed in a society scarred by decades of violence.
June 14, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- By Gene Kershner Palace Malice
put a wrap on the 2013 Triple Crown with emphasis last Saturday afternoon at Belmont Park, making it a year with three different Classic winners and leaving the 3-year-old division wide open heading into the summer.
June 14, 2013 - The Buffalo News Blogs
- Review: MAN OF STEEL
The emphasis on spectacle has made Superman a kick-ass hero while robbing him of heart.
June 13, 2013 - ReelViews
- Michael Mukasey in AFP
I think it bears emphasis that the court's decision does not concern military commission trials, which will continue to proceed,Mukasey told reporters in Tokyo, where he was joining talks of justice ministers from the Group of Eight major...
- Gerald Ford in Guardian Unlimited
Rumsfeld and Cheney and the president made a big mistake in justifying going into the war in Iraq. They put the emphasis on weapons of mass destruction,Ford said. "And now, I've never publicly said I thought they made a mistake, but I felt...
- Tony Pulis in The Press Association
Florent is definitely one for the future and we are delighted that he has chosen to move here,said Stoke boss Tony Pulis. "It's a measure of the club's progress and the emphasis we are placing on the development of the youth set-up that we...