- n a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action
he never knew what to do in an emergency
- n a state in which martial law applies
the governor declared a state of emergency
- n a brake operated by hand; usually operates by mechanical linkage
- Life or death? How about, "Cheeseburger"? PTI takes a look at some recent calls to the 911 emergency hotline that were anything but.
- Before joining FEMA, his only previous stint in emergency management, according to his bio posted on FEMA's website, was "serving as an assistant city manager with emergency .
- As the US pushes the Pakistani President to end his state of emergency, the general makes some concessions, but ordinary Pakistanis are skeptical that much will change.
News & Articles
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio Selects Emergency CallWorks® for Next Generation 9-1-1 Call Management and Call Mapping System
Emergency CallWorks Inc., a leading provider of Next Generation 9-1-1 and emergency incident management software for the public safety industry, announced today that Cuyahoga Count
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Emergency Nurses Association Announces 2013 National Election Results
DES PLAINES, Ill., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) announced the new 2014 leadership team for its non-profit professional organization of more than 40,000 Emergency Nurse members worldwide. The organization represents the expertise of top global emergency care professionals dedicated to advocacy for patient safety and excellence in emergency ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Emergency Plumber Welcomes News of National Occupational Standards Review
Emergency Plumber welcomes news that employers have been invited to help influence the work that sector skills council SummitSkills will undertake over the future months. (PRWeb June 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10834670.htm
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- Al Gore in Globe and Mail
We face a true planetary emergency,Mr. Gore said in a statement shortly after winning the prize on Friday. "The climate crisis is not a political issue."
- Barack Obama in Focus News
We will never forget those who died. We will always remember the heroic efforts of our firefighters, police and emergency responders, and those who sacrificed their own lives on Flight 93 to protect their fellow Americans,Obama said in a...
- Nancy Pelosi in USA Today
Congressional leaders have been receptive to the idea, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday called for "emergency and limited financial assistance" for the battered auto industry.