- v come out into view, as from concealment
Suddenly, the proprietor emerged from his office
- v come out of
- v become known or apparent
Some nice results emerged from the study
- v come up to the surface of or rise
He felt new emotions emerge
- v happen or occur as a result of something
- The bottom of the Mediterranean is dotted with volcanoes--and one may re-emerge as an island.
- If we emerge momentarily from the privacy we have sought all our adult lives, it is only to send a message to the McCaughey family.
- But how, some might say, can women emerge from behind the burqas to positions of leadership in Afghan society so quickly? One reason is that pre-Taliban Afghanistan was a place .
News & Articles
- FIFA Confederations Cup 2013: Predicting Teams That Will Emerge from Group Stage
The Confederations Cup is under way, but it’s still early enough to predict who will emerge from group play. The top two teams that emerge out of both Group A and Group B will head to the knockout stage. While two of those spots will likely be held down by the powerhouse teams, the two others might actually be up for grabs. Here are my predictions for the four teams that will emerge from the ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- 10 EMERGE as young leaders
FITCHBURG -- The North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce has announced winners of the 2013 EMERGE Awards, recognizing 10 young professionals who work in the North Central area for their outstanding work professionally and in the community
June 16, 2013 - Sentinel & Enterprise
- Details emerge about men killed by out-of-control Porsche | Video
A day after two men were plowed to their deaths in a parking lot by an out-of-control Porsche, details about the lives they led began to emerge.
June 15, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
We will rebuild. We will recover, and the United States of America will emerge stronger than before,Obama said, echoing Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.
- Henry Paulson in USA Today
...said Tuesday that the continued operations of Fannie and Freddie - which guarantee or own almost half of the home mortgages in the country - would be "central to the speed with which we emerge from this housing correction."
- Steve Ballmer in International Herald Tribune
We will continue to manage expenses and invest in long-term opportunities to deliver value to customers and shareholders, and we will emerge an even stronger industry leader than we are today,said Steven Ballmer, Microsoft's chief executive.