- n the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection)
- v include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory
- v squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness
- v take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own
- People like me--the descendants of immigrants, whether Arab, black or Asian--are turning to our roots and embracing our heritage, just the opposite of what our parents did when .
- She has used her own weight gain, the easy target of misogynist tabloids, as a teachable moment to confront the culture and speak out to girls and young women about embracing .
- The high school has done perhaps too good a job of embracing young mothers.
News & Articles
- Marble Media LLC’s Online Weight Loss Website ShedThoseLBS.com Offers Tips for Embracing Healthy Eating Habits
ShedThoseLBS.com, an online resource for healthy weight loss from Marble Media LLC, explains the necessity of shedding bad eating habits and embracing healthy foods through will-power and making good choices at the grocery store. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/shedthoselbs/healthyeating/prweb10838364.htm
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Area restaurants embracing movement to use local sources
Several Peoria-area restaurants are embracing the local food movement by adding regionally produced items to their menus in the coming months. The event, Local Flavors, was created by the Illinois Stewardship Alliance. Peoria restaurants Rhythm Kitchen, One World Cafe, Rizzi's on State and Black Rabbit will participate, along with June restaurant in Peoria Heights, Maxine's on Main in Morton ...
June 15, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Officers raise money for Special Olympics
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – Louisville Metro Police officers are embracing the stereotype about cops and doughnuts to raise money for Special Olympics. Officers are standing on top of the Bardstown Road Krispy Kreme location until midnight asking for donations for Special Olympics here in Kentucky. “High five, the hug, they are our motivator. The awareness is great but to see them, to see them ...
June 15, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- Barack Obama in Canada.com
For the African-American community, that path (to unity) means embracing the burdens of our past without becoming victims of our past,Obama said. "In the white community, the path to a more perfect union means acknowledging that what ails...
- Bennie Thompson in Forbes
Six years after the Sept. 11 attacks and three years after the 9/11 Commission made its recommendations, "Congress is finally embracing what the 9/11 families have been saying all along," said Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie...