embezzled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v appropriate (as property entrusted to one's care) fraudulently to one's own use
The accountant embezzled thousands of dollars while working for the wealthy family
- s taken for your own use in violation of a trust
the banker absconded with embezzled funds
- While employed as an office manager for a Colorado company that services oil wells, James Stryker embezzled more than $280,000 from the firm.
- Later investigations would reveal that Montesinos, Peru's de facto National Security Adviser throughout the 10-year regime, embezzled close to $1 billion.
- Its chief financial manager had embezzled a fortune.
News & Articles
- Embezzling charge leveled
WRENTHAM - The former office manager for a Foxboro realty company faces charges she embezzled $83,570 in rent owed to the firm over a period of five years.
June 13, 2013 - The Sun Chronicle
- How Online Petitions Combat Corruption Abroad
When news broke that Spain's former Popular Party (Partido Popular) treasurer had embezzled millions of Euros to pay high-profile party members, including the current prime minister, Pablo Gallego García went online and started a Change.org petition That petition, "One Million for the Resignation of the Leadership of the Partido Popular" ( Un Millón de Firmas Por La Dimisión de la Cúpula del PP ...
June 11, 2013 - Mashable
- KC woman sentenced for not paying income taxes on embezzled funds
KANSAS CITY, KAN. – A Kansas City, Mo., woman has been sentenced for not paying federal income taxes on part of nearly $2 million she embezzled from an employer, U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said today.
June 10, 2013 - Kansas City Kansan
- Boris Sheremetev in Reuters
The court has established that Berezovsky embezzled Aeroflot funds by way of fraud, being part of an organized criminal group,Judge Igor Sheremetyev said in his ruling in the Savyolovsky district court in Moscow.
- Mike Cox in MLive.com
The saddest, most reprehensible part of the allegations unsealed here today is that money that could have been used to help abused and neglected children all over the state has been misspent, stolen, embezzled and squandered by two, we allege, very... Drew Edmondson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Edmondson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFMgxWCPSridLdorID_CxzgxubtCA News On 6 http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp%3FS%3D10961707&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH5bz6t67h_UuSgczsItl4TM57UZg Aug 20, 2009
32457 41832 embezzled The defendant brazenly embezzled millions from trust funds established to ensure the care of cemeteries, but fortunately, every dollar will be restored," Cox said.