electrostatically : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in an electrostatic manner
the dust adhered electrostatically to the surface
- The 914 makes copies by projecting the image of the original document or object onto an electrostatically charged drum coated with a sensitive element called metallic selenium.
- Lyttleton and Bondi believe that cosmic rays are the protons that were expelled from galactic units to make their interiors electrostatically neutral.
- A toner powder, mixed with developer fluid, cascades over the drum, which then transfers the image electrostatically onto the copying paper.
News & Articles
- Spider webs more effective at ensnaring charged insects
Flapping bees build up a charge of several hundred volts, enough to electrostatically draw pollen from a flower. But researchers have discovered a downside to being charged: it attracts spider silk and increases the chance that the bee or any insect will be snared by a web as it passes by. Perhaps, they say, the more flexible silk of an orb's spiral evolved to allow wind and electrostatic charge ...
July 4, 2013 - Science Daily
- Spider webs more effective at snaring electrically charged insects
UC Berkeley post-doc Victor Manuel Ortega-Jimenez discovered that spider webs increase their capture success by taking advantage of the electrical charge of flying insects. Web silk seemingly reaches out and electrostatically ensnares bugs as they pass by.
July 4, 2013 - UC Berkeley NewsCenter