elbow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped
- n a sharp bend in a road or river
- n a length of pipe with a sharp bend in it
- n the part of a sleeve that covers the elbow joint
his coat had patches over the elbows
- n the joint of a mammal or bird that corresponds to the human elbow
- v push one's way with the elbows
- v shove one's elbow into another person's ribs
- Tennis elbow is apparently set off by the repeated, jarring impact of the ball on the racket.
- The crowd sitting elbow to elbow in the basement performance space at New York City's Comedy Cellar on a recent Wednesday night had pretty much had its fill of sex jokes, gay jokes .
- Ever since surgeon Frank Jobe revolutionized baseball in the 1970s with the pioneering elbow-repair technique now known as Tommy John surgery, doctors have been developing .
News & Articles
- Golfer’s Elbow Prevention And Pain Relief Article Released by iTalkNews.com
iTalkNews.com-Sports has just published a report on Golfer’s Elbow Prevention and Pain Relief. The article warns of how “playing through” the pain from Golfer’s Elbow can affect one’s game and suggests prevention and pain relief remedies, according to a spokesperson for http://www.iTalkNews.com . (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10838197 ...
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Brandon Beachy: (Elbow) Tuesday Return Not Set In Stone
Update: Braves GM Frank Wren said Friday that a return to the majors Tuesday for Beachy (elbow) is not set in stone, David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
June 15, 2013 - Rotowire.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Woods Plays Through Elbow Injury to Stay in U.S. Open Contention
Tiger Woods, struggling with an elbow injury, is 3 over par after two rounds of the U.S. Open, five shots behind leader Phil Mickelson as he continues his quest for his next major title.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Johan Bruyneel in BBC Sport
Armstrong's team manager Johan Bruyneel said: "Lance is OK, he's got a wound on his hip and his elbow. Riding downhill was almost like ice-skating. Almost half of the peloton crashed."
- Lance Armstrong in The Age
Asked if that meant he feared an attack on next year's tour, Armstrong responded: "Yeah. There are directors of French teams that have encouraged people to take to the streets ...... elbow to elbow."