- n a fibrous scleroprotein found in elastic tissues such as the walls of arteries
- As we grow older, the body has trouble replenishing the stores of collagen and elastin, giving the skin a thin, papery look.
- The result: wrinkling is prevented, skin tone is improved, and collagen and elastin growth are stimulated.
- At the University of Utah, for example, veterinary surgeons are preparing to wrap sheets of synthetic elastin around the artificial hearts they plan to implant into calves.
News & Articles
- Revolutionary Dermapen Skin Resurfacing Treatment Launched In Philadelphia
The Dermapen is the micro needling therapy system that allows the skin to naturally stimulate collagen and elastin with minimal epidermal damage. Dermapen is a safe and more effective treatment than traditional skin micro needling rollers. (PRWeb January 07, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11454323.htm
Jan. 7, 2014 - PRWeb
- Kari Stefansson in Atlanta Journal Constitution
The elastin fibers are cross-linked by the LOXL 1 protein,said Dr. Kari Stefansson, a board-certified neurologist who is chief executive officer of deCODE Genetics, a biotech company based in Reykjavik, Iceland. "We have found the gene and...