- n position eight in a countable series of things
- n one part in eight equal parts
- s coming next after the seventh and just before the ninth in position
- In an art room, eighth-graders are shaping clay vessels to be baked in the school kiln.
- New government research indicates that 19 percent of eighth graders smoke at least occasionally, up nearly one-third from a survey taken three years ago.
- The gap between white and black eighth-graders has widened slightly in math, for example.
- Jim Leyland in The Associated Press
This is a blow because we thought we had it set up pretty good with Perry in the seventh, Zumaya in the eighth and Valverde closing,Leyland said. "Obviously Zumaya is a big void, but we'll go on. Somebody needs to step up and we'll go on."
- David Miliband in Reuters India
Our ambassador was told that the eighth person would indeed be released today, that the papers have been signed and there would not be a court process or charges, Miliband told the BBC's Andrew Marr programme. "That leaves one more in...
- Carlos Zambrano in ESPN
I understand the situation,Zambrano said. "I understand that we need a little, little help in the bullpen. Look, we already lost three or four games in the eighth inning or in relief."