- a being effective without wasting time or effort or expense
an efficient production manager
efficient engines save gas
- s able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively
an efficient secretary
the efficient cause of the revolution
- The nearly completed bill, which President Obama has indicated he will sign, offers consumers credits of $3,500 to $4,500 to trade in old vehicles for new, more fuel-efficient .
- New buildings that 50% more energy efficient.
- Toyota is weathering the recession far better than its American counterparts because it has been making the fuel-efficient automobile car owners want.
News & Articles
- Deltamarin Poland Chooses ZWCAD+ for More Efficient Vessel Designs
ZWSOFT, a leading supplier of CAD/CAM solutions for the AEC and MCAD industries, announced that Deltamarin Poland, one of the world-renowned shipbuilding company, has selected ZWCAD+ to create more efficient and innovative vessel designs for ship owners and yards.
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Efficient and inexpensive: Researchers develop catalyst material for fuel cells
Efficient, robust and economic catalyst materials hold the key to achieving a breakthrough in fuel cell technology. Scientists have developed a material for converting hydrogen and oxygen to water using a tenth of the typical amount of platinum that was previously required. With the aid of state-of-the-art electron microscopy, the researchers discovered that the function of the nanometre-scale ...
June 17, 2013 - Science Daily
- Ultra-Efficient Hemoglobin Key To Evolutionary Success Of Fish
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The primordial oceans in Earth’s early days were a much more inhospitable than they are today, and new research published in the journal Science suggests that fish developed a highly efficient hemoglobin-based system to deliver large amount of oxygen to their tissues. “Four hundred million years ago the oceans were not what they are today. They ...
June 17, 2013 - redOrbit
- Barack Obama in CNN
Now, more American consumers will have the chance to purchase newer, more fuel efficient cars and the American economy will continue to get a much-needed boost,President Obama said in a statement.
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
The Federal Reserve will continue to watch the situation closely and will act as needed to support efficient market functioning and to foster sustainable economic growth and price stability,Bernanke said in a speech to the Economic Club of...
- President Bush in FOXNews
Those Chrysler operations assumed by the new company that were idled during this process will soon be back up and running, and work is already underway on developing new environmentally friendly, fuel-efficient, high-quality vehicles that we intend... Sergio Marchionne http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchionne&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFJ8GJeDsOJg3eP-FKpLMilcgQU1w BBC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8093589.stm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF2y7BydxgDz1HYpboOc0mHh549uA Jun 10, 2009
31776 40921 efficiently Bush said our financial institutions are strong" and "our capital markets are functioning efficiently and effectively."