effeminate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having unsuitable feminine qualities
- All the youngsters are overtly effeminate: many walk with a mince, talk with a lisp and want to be girls.
- Those who went to all-girls school but had male siblings, showed no preference for effeminate faces.
- Besides nellies, effeminate gay males are called twinkies, sissies or queens; they do their drinking in vanilla bars, swish joints or fluff parlors.
News & Articles
- Russell Brand Did What In A Public Bathroom When He Was A Crack And Heroin Addict?
Comedian and actor Russell Brand made quite the admission during an appearance on HuffPost Live today. Host Josh Zepps asked Brand if he's ever been mistaken for gay, given his "effeminate, sort of flamboyant air." While Brand said he's always considered himself to be straight, back in the days when he was a "crack and heroin addict" he did once "masturbate a man to the point of orgasm in a ...
June 11, 2013 - Mediaite
- Tammy Baldwin in The Australian
Baldwin said the law would protect people from "discrimination based on irrational prejudice" and ensure "that an employer cannot fire an employee solely because she is a woman with a masculine walk or a man with an effeminate voice."
- Rush Limbaugh in CNN International
Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young,Limbaugh said.
- David Walliams in guardian.co.uk
With unhesitating candour, Walliams says: "If I fell in love with a man then, yeah, I wouldn't say that could never happen. I think about it; because I am effeminate I've always thought about it, 'Am I gay?' And then, I so love being with women, and...