- n property of a personal character that is portable but not used in business
she left some of her personal effects in the house
I watched over their effects until they returned
- n a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- n an outward appearance
- n an impression (especially one that is artificial or contrived)
- n the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
- n (of a law) having legal validity
- n a symptom caused by an illness or a drug
the effects of sleep loss
- v produce
- v act so as to bring into existence
- Practically everybody, whether doctor or layman, pothead or puritan, has been expressing dogmatic opinions for years about the effects of marijuana on its users.
- We still have to test our suppositions in controlled conditions and measure the effects of coffee and tea on various systems of the body.
- One day, early in World War II, Briton Haldane impetuously clapped on an oxygen mask and, breathing pure oxygen (to study its effects), "dived" in a pressure chamber to a depth of .
News & Articles
- Effects-laden ‘Man of Steel’ gets Superman right
Let’s get right to the questions that most need answering. Yes, it’s a terrific film. Yes, it was worth remaking. Yes, Henry Cavill, till now best known for playing Theseus in “Immortals,” has nailed the role of Superman. To the point, aside from some visual effects overload in the last reel, this is the Superman movie fans have wanted to see and that newcomers to the longtime superhero will dig.
June 13, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- 7 Surprising Effects of Obesity
7 Surprising effects of obesity
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- Side Effects’ Mark Elendt Talks Dailies at SIGGRAPH 2013
Following is a brief Q&A with Mark Elendt, SIGGRAPH 2013 Dailies Chair from Side Effects Software. Mark has had quite a successful CG career and has been a devoted SIGGRAPH volunteer for many years.
June 11, 2013 - Animation World Network
- Tiger Wood in Newsday
Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary policy and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-says-slowdown-bring-inflation/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BB17B9D54-A9A8-4B31-8F65-2AD170A5B561%257D%26dist%3Dmsr_1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWIb2YzhTIRQsaDOVj8PPueCxOuA Jun 9, 2008
31739 40890 effects I have to do the right thing for my long-term health," Woods, 32, said in the statement. "My doctors assure me with the proper rehabilitation and training, the knee will be strong and there will be no long-term effects."
- Barack Obama in UPI.com
Obama said terrorists who try to carry out attacks want US citizens "to live in fear and thereby amplifying the effects of their attacks, even those that fail."