- v give an education to
- v create by training and teaching
- v teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
- a possessing an education (especially having more than average knowledge)
- s characterized by full comprehension of the problem involved
an educated guess
- Though college-educated whites accounted for 20% of the total income gain in gentrifying neighborhoods, black householders with high school degrees contributed even more: 33% of .
- In 1905, August Vollmer, a self-educated criminologist, noticed that the then 130-year-old city had no police force and decided to start one.
- Essentially, the home educated thought of their parents as more important in their lives than did those students attending schools.
- Spike Lee in USA Today
There are middle-class, educated black people who speak the way he does. ...... We have to try to move away from this so-called image of what black is, which is largely influenced by rap and that type of stuff,Lee said.
- Aaron Boone in International Herald Tribune
It definitely hits home, but I'm doing well with it,Boone said. "I feel like I'm fairly educated on it now. I have a strong faith and a great family and friends and teammates. I really am doing well and I'm ready to tackle this thing and...