economic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth
aspects of social, political, and economical life
- a of or relating to the science of economics
- s using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness
an economic use of home heating oil
a modern economical heating system
an economical use of her time
- s concerned with worldly necessities of life (especially money)
he wrote the book primarily for economic reasons
gave up the large house for economic reasons
in economic terms they are very privileged
- s financially rewarding
it was no longer economic to keep the factory open
have to keep prices high enough to make it economic to continue the service
- Basically, Washington's economic managers scaled these heights by their adherence to Keynes's central theme: the modern capitalist economy does not automatically work at top .
- As Keynes might have put it: Keynesianism the theory of growth The New Economics.
- There are other economic concerns about cash for clunkers, though.
News & Articles
- Cayuga Economic Development Agency hires new specialist
The Cayuga Economic Development Agency has announced the hiring of a new economic development specialist.
June 13, 2013 - The Auburn Citizen
- Gilroy Economic Development Corporation adopts new Action Plan
The Gilroy Economic Development Corporation formally adopted a new Action Plan at its board meeting Wednesday. The plan will focus on three core objectives for Gilroy: Business attraction, business ex
June 13, 2013 - The Gilroy Dispatch
- Economic development put on hold
VALE — Acting on previous discussions about the direction of the Malheur County Economic Development Department, the County Court voted Wednesday to suspend operations of the department temporarily, b
June 13, 2013 - Argus Observer
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Fears of financial collapse have receded substantially,Mr. Bernanke said at the Federal Reserve's annual retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyo. "After contracting sharply over the past year, economic activity appears to be leveling out, both in the...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times (blog)
Simply put, export growth leads to job growth and economic growth,Obama said. "In 2008, American exports accounted for nearly 7% of our total employment, one in three manufacturing jobs and supported 10.3 million jobs in all -- jobs that...
- George Osborne in FOXNews
George Osborne, the head of Britain's Treasury, has stated that everyone - including Obama - needs to "remember the economic value BP brings to people in Britain and America."