ebola : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a severe and often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates (monkeys and chimpanzees) caused by the Ebola virus; characterized by high fever and severe internal bleeding; can be spread from person to person; is largely limited to Africa
- Ebola; CDC Ebola Factsheet General information and frequently asked questions about the ebola virus.
News & Articles
- From hot springs to HIV, same protein complexes are hijacked to promote viruses
Biologists have discovered a striking connection between viruses such as HIV and Ebola and viruses that infect organisms called archaea that grow in volcanic hot springs. Despite the huge difference in environments and a 2 billion year evolutionary time span between archaea and humans, the viruses hijack the same set of proteins to break out of infected cells.
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Congo: Land of beauty, misery
If the Congo conjures images of dripping jungles inhabited by gorillas, warlords and the ebola virus, you're getting only a tiny part of the picture.
June 10, 2013 - CNN
- $18 million to study deadly secrets of flu, Ebola, West Nile viruses
( University of Wisconsin-Madison ) In an effort to sort out why some viruses such as influenza, Ebola and West Nile are so lethal, a team of US researchers plans a comprehensive effort to model how humans respond to these viral pathogens.
June 6, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- JosÃ© Ãngel GurrÃa in The Guardian
This is like ebola. When you realise you have it you have to cut your leg off in order to survive,said GurrÃa.
- Margaret Chan in The Muslim News
Warning that "HIV, Ebola, SARS and avian influenza will not be the last bad surprises delivered by the ever-changing microbial world," Dr Chan said the global outbreak alert and response mechanisms already in place were not enough to prevent a...
- Les Dawson in Times Online
A top scientist for the United Nations, who has examined the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in Africa, as well as HIV/AIDS victims, concluded that H1N1 possesses certain transmission 'vectors' that suggest that the new flu strain has been... Joseph Mercola http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFvxo0CQ3gRdd9NPP9OJ6C-7pWVCA Prison Planet.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prisonplanet.com/government-preparing-mass-graves-martial-law-for-swine-flu-pandemic.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGgOXRHsmlXrWEx-D1lgc3dVfx4lA Jul 27, 2009
31378 40416 ebon In awe I watched the waxing moon ride across the zenith of the heavens like an ambered chariot towards the ebon void of infinite space, wherein the tethered belts of Jupiter and Mars hang for ever festooned in their orbital majesty," said Les...