eats : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n informal terms for a meal
- v take in solid food
- v eat a meal; take a meal
- v take in food; used of animals only
- v worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way
- v use up (resources or materials)
- v cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid
- The researchers found essentially that family dinner gets better with practice; the less often a family eats together, the worse the experience is likely to be, the less healthy .
- The bug that eats oil is the result of nearly six years of work by Ananda Chakrabarty, 41, an Indian-born microbiologist.
News & Articles
- Arts, Beats & Eats to offer smartphone app
Arts, Beats & Eats on Labor Day weekend in Royal Oak will have a new smartphone app this year and also provide additional security.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Arts, Beats & Eats to beef up security with video surveillance
— In the wake of April's fatal bombing at the Boston Marathon, security is being beefed up at this year's Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival, including the addition of 24-hour video surveillance.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit News
- Arts, Beats & Eats to stay in Royal Oak through 2017, will feature new mobile app
The 16th annual Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival is returning to Royal Oak this Labor Day weekend with an interactive mobile application and several initiatives to enhance community involvement.
June 11, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Robin van Persie in Arsenal Mania
He said: "I am not scoring and that eats away at me - at every striker, I think. I've had a few small chances. I just want to score. But one thing I learned in England is that you can miss chances or have a bad first touch, but as a striker there...
- Paula Creamer in AFP
It's hot. It's humid. It's gross,American Paula Creamer said. "You know, this golf course just eats you alive mentally."