earthlike : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s earth colored; of something having a color of soil or earth
a range of earthlike colors
- s resembling or characteristic of earth
- Despite the storm, readings taken by Mariner's infrared spectrometer enabled JPL investigators to identify several earthlike minerals in the Martian crust, including quartz .
News & Articles
- Trash mountains!
As one draws near the Denver International Airport, there appears a huge pile of earthlike substances, crawling with trucks, dozers and compactors. It is a "trash mountain," resulting from garbage and trash collected in Denver and surrounds.
Sept. 19, 2013 - McCook Daily Gazette
- Geoffrey Marcy in KTVU.com
We can't quite see the Earthlike planets yet, but we are seeing their big brothers,said planet hunter Geoffrey Marcy of the University of California-Berkeley, a leader of one of the teams.
- John Huchra in New York Times
The first astronomer who can prove they found an Earthlike planet around an Earthlike star will win many kudos and prizes,said John Huchra of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, who led a NASA advisory committee that approved the...
- Owen Gingerich in guardian.co.uk
Galileo is much more interested in the play of light and shadow than in accurate mapping,explains Owen Gingerich of the Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics. "He is interested in the heights and depths that reveal an earthlike...