- n jewelry to ornament the ear; usually clipped to the earlobe or fastened through a hole in the lobe
- The magnetic fields are supposed to be perfectly safe for sleepers, but you're advised to take off your earrings before vacuuming underneath.
- His image, especially the earring, alienated many of Detroit's black professionals, notably middle-aged women.
- Photo editors at the major magazines wanted to meet the new hotshot, dressed in his black jeans and T shirts, with the tribal bracelets and diamond-stud earring, with the war-weary .
- Helen Mirren in Jamaica Gleaner
As she accepted her award, Helen, struggling to hold the statuette, said: "I've got my purse in one hand, my earring in the other. Thank you, Academy."
- Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles Times
Oh, they've broken through security before,says Bryant. "I've lost earrings, chains and all kinds of stuff. This time I tuck 'em in when I go into crowds. Last year when I came here, I lost an earring. . . . A kid found it on the floor and...
- Valdas Ivanauskas in Sportinglife.com
Ivanauskas added: "Yes, Brellier was booked because he was wearing an earring. But the referee checked every player before and said they were OK to play with tape, so why he booked him I do not know. And the second yellow card for Brellier was not a...