earhart : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n first woman aviator to fly solo nonstop across the Atlantic (1928); while attempting to fly around the world she disappeared over the Pacific (1898-1937)
News & Articles
- Amelia Earhart Plane Search Turns Up New Clue
A cleaned-up version of the recently captured sonar picture of the sea bottom reveals a straight line that looks a lot like the body of the plane Earhart flew.
June 15, 2013 - Discovery News
- Amelia Earhart: Her plane was found in 2010, says lawsuit
Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937. A lawsuit claims Amelia Earhart's aircraft was found in 2010, and it says a group fraudulently raised $1 million for a 2012 search.
June 12, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Amelia Earhart’s Plane Actually Spotted in 2010, Claims Lawsuit
Famed aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart never completed her 1937 circumnavigation attempt, and her disappearance has continually been one of the most-discussed events of the 20th century. To this day people continue to be fascinated with her story, and it has …
June 12, 2013 - WebProNews
- Mira Nair in Economic Times
Hilary plays Amelia Earhart, a pioneer woman aviator who flew around the world. And I had to direct several aerial acting sequences,Nair said.