- n any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight
- n (golf) a score of two strokes under par on a hole
- n a former gold coin in the United States worth 10 dollars
- n an emblem representing power
the Roman eagle
- v shoot two strokes under par
She eagled the hole
- v shoot in two strokes under par
- Sophisticated computer scans of fossils have helped solve a mystery over the nature of a giant, ancient raptor known as the Haast's eagle which became extinct about 500 years ago .
- He joined the proud brotherhood of the "ruptured duck," the eagle that everyone wore in his lapel to prove he'd been in it, had done his part.
- The bald eagle is flying high again, but is the law that helped save the majestic bird endangered itself?.
News & Articles
- Eagle Mount hosting first-ever prom night
GREAT FALLS - Eagle Mount is hosting its first-ever prom on Friday night, giving more than 50 people the chance to dress up and celebrate.
June 15, 2013 - KTVQ Billings
- Eagle Point school district considers arming teachers
EAGLE POINT — A school district in southern Oregon is considering arming teachers and other staff members to protect students from school violence. “The first three minutes of an armed attack require an armed response,” said Scott Grissom, president of the five-member school board in Eagle Point, a town of …
June 14, 2013 - The Register-Guard
- Eagle Pass opens flood shelters amid torrential downpour
EAGLE PASS, Texas -- The city of Eagle Pass has opened four evacuation shelters as heavy rains pummel the city and surrounding areas on Friday afternoon. Shelters have been opened at Sam Houston Elementary School, Seco Mines Community center, Nick Carr Center and San Luis Center. Mayor Ramsey Cantu told KENS 5 around 2 p.m. that no evacuation have been ordered, although there have been some ...
June 14, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- Phil Mickelson in Times of India
It was challenging in parts but I thought that the first six or seven holes were good opportunities to make some birdies. The pins were in the right spots,he said. "I had opportunities. I had a 15-foot eagle putt on four and I make par....
- Vijay Singh in Forbes
I couldn't get the greens this morning,Singh said. "Maybe the temperature change must have done something to my hands. Finishing eagle-birdie, that was very comfortable."