eagerly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with eagerness; in an eager manner
the news was eagerly awaited
- His famous remark about women being "goddesses or doormats" has rendered him odious to feminists, but women tended to walk into both roles open-eyed and eagerly, for his charm was .
- Prisoner Debs read it slowly, eagerly, ravenously.
- Harry's Kids Children around the world eagerly anticipate Order of the Phoenix .
News & Articles
- Argyle softball field dedicated to former high school star
ARGYLE -- On a sunny early summer day, as children in brightly colored T-shirts eagerly waited for their end-of-season trophies, athletes and their parents took a moment to dedicate the Argyle Recreation Center’s softball field to Krista DePew.
June 15, 2013 - The Post-Star
- Winchester fifth graders display art at Sanborn House
Ambrose Elementary School fifth grade students eagerly shared their large collaborative art works with their parents, school administrators, teachers and friends during an art opening and reception last Friday, June 7 at the Sanborn House in Winchester.
June 15, 2013 - The Winchester Star
- Airbus A350 Makes Successful Maiden Flight
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The eagerly awaited Airbus A350 made a successful maiden flight early on Friday as the aircraft maker looks to increase the pressure on rival Boeing. Thousands of people watched the A350 XWB take off on its four-hour flight from the Toulouse-Blagnac airport in France, according to media reports. The aircraft landed at 8:06 a.m. EDT to massive applause from the watching ...
June 14, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Bruce Springsteen in Reuters
Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years,Springsteen said in a statement. "We all eagerly await his healthy and speedy return."
- Richard Wagner in Forbes
We readily and eagerly embraced this film,Wagner said. "It's a film that is entertaining. Every film has its naysayers, but generally people are really moved by it. It asks people to think. It asks people to feel something."
- Bud Selig in SI.com
This is a wonderful gesture on Ken's part and a fitting tribute to the great Jackie Robinson and one, I believe, that all clubs will eagerly endorse,Selig said in a statement. "Jackie continues to be an inspiration to all of our players,...