dystrophy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several hereditary diseases of the muscular system characterized by weakness and wasting of skeletal muscles
- n any degenerative disorder resulting from inadequate or faulty nutrition
- Muscular dystrophy is not a single disease but a group of hereditary disorders in which muscle fibers are damaged and eventually destroyed.
- Like his commitment to the fight against muscular dystrophy, and his love of his little girl.
- Last week scientists announced that in people with a form of muscular dystrophy, they had identified a segment of DNA that can lengthen substantially with each succeeding generation.
News & Articles
- Spartan Race Participant Supporting Muscular Dystrophy Research at the Vermont Reebok Spartan Beast
Spartan Race releases a statement about Vermont Reebok Spartan Beast participant Robert Peredina, who is supporting a friend born with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at the race. (PRWeb June 24, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10858094.htm
June 24, 2013 - PRWeb
- Muscular Dystrophy benefit set for June 29
A benefit to raise funds and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at Westmoreland Park in Huntington.
June 22, 2013 - The Huntington Herald-Dispatch
- Muscular Dystrophy telethon moves to ABC
The annual Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Labor Day weekend telethon, which has bounced around the dial for years, has a new broadcast home — the ABC television network. ABC will air the two-hour “MDA Show of Strength Telethon” on Sunday Sept. 1 (9-11 p.m., Channel 9). It’s the first time in the 48-year history of MDA telethons ...
June 19, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Sid Ganis in Reuters UK
Jerry is a legendary comedian who has not only brought laughter to millions around the world but has also helped thousands upon thousands by raising funds and awareness for those suffering from muscular dystrophy,Academy president Sid Ganis said.
- Bo Bice in BREATHEcast.com
I've followed The Jerry Lewis telethon my whole life. The help that the foundation provides for Muscular Dystrophy is an amazing thing. I feel blessed to have been asked to be a part of it,says Bo Bice.
- Ace Young in MarketWatch
LOS ANGELES, Sep 03, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Saxophonist MICHAEL LINGTON performed "Baker Streetfrom his album HEAT on Jerry Lewis' annual Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon this past Labor Day, helping to raise a record $65 million for the...