- v make dull in appearance
Age had dulled the surface
- v become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness
the varnished table top dulled with time
- v deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- v make numb or insensitive
- v make dull or blunt
- v become less interesting or attractive
- v make less lively or vigorous
Middle age dulled her appetite for travel
- s having lost or been caused to lose interest because of overexposure
the mind of the audience is becoming dulled
- s made dull or blunt
- s deprived of color
colors dulled by too much sun
- Good; edges were sharp but skin tones lacked warmth; colors looked more natural in some cases, a bit dulled in others: Our calendar was easy to make and turned out beautifully.
- He is the Shavian Life Force poured into a long, lean, fierce-mustached Greek whose 65 years in the Mediterranean sun have neither dimmed his hawk eyes nor dulled his pagan .
- But when American utilities and other major emitters are simply given free permits to emit greenhouse gases, the effect of the carbon cap is dulled.
News & Articles
- Macroeconomic Policies Crushing Commodity Company, Statoil
The latest FOMC meeting has had a huge impact on a number of securities around the globe. In particular, companies in the commodity world have been hit extremely hard, as a stronger dollar has dulled the appeal of natural resource producers.
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Frontrunning: June 21
Turmoil Exposes Global Risks ( WSJ ) China Money Rates Retreat After PBOC Said to Inject Cash ( BBG ) Fed Seen by Economists Trimming QE in September, 2014 End ( BBG ) Booz Allen, the World's Most Profitable Spy Organization ( BBG ) Abe’s Arrows of Growth Dulled by Japan’s Three Principles ( BBG ) FAA to Relax Rules for Gadgets in Flight ( WSJ ) China steps back from severe cash crunch ( FT ...
June 21, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Mike Hargrove in 7Online.com
I really misspoke when I said I had lost my passion for the game,Hargrove said. "I think my competitive edge was dulled. Now, it's back."
- Mark Leno in The Argus
The little that I could eat at best dulled the hunger, and it never went away,Leno said. "After three or four days, my energy level was depressed, and I did experience some lethargy. It really dampens the spirit."
- Tyra Banks in TransWorldNews (press release)
After the talk show started, and I had Top Model at the same time, it engulfed me so much that it dulled my maternal instincts,Banks tells Essence Magazine.