duke : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a British peer of the highest rank
- n a nobleman (in various countries) of high rank
- Duke Paper Down from Northumbria came last week a duke, like the dukes of old, to trouble the Parliament at London.
News & Articles
- Duke's Hood hurt at World University Games trials
Duke forward Rodney Hood, who is expected to be a major piece in the revamped Blue Devils lineup this season, suffered what USA Basketball says is an “injured right Achilles” during Wednesday night’s practice.
June 27, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Duke’s Bohemian offers fresh seafood in a bar setting
Duke’s Bohemian Grove Bar invites different kinds of customers to step through its door at the corner where Allen Street turns into Wadsworth. ¶ Live music lovers, dancers, diners and drinkers are all courted.
June 27, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Duke Energy Lifts Payout
Duke Energy Corp. announced a 1.5 cents or 2% year-over-year hike in its annual dividend payout to $3.12 per share.
June 26, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Mike Nifong in Los Angeles Times
But in the Duke case, Nifong said he would not allow "Durham's view in the minds of the world to be a bunch of lacrosse players at Duke raping a black girl from Durham."