- n the doctrine that reality consists of two basic opposing elements, often taken to be mind and matter (or mind and body), or good and evil
- Later Krishna points out the three stages of man's spiritual evolution: 1) dualism, in which man identifies himself only with his body ; 2 ) qualified non-dualism, in which man .
- Columbia University religion professor Randall Balmer contends that the Laws "flatten the Gospel," while CCC's culture cramps "faith into a dualism between saved and damned, right .
- This ambivalence is simply the dualism of the world, the secret of its magnetic fields, its gigantic plus and stupendous minus.
News & Articles
- Is Dallas Commercializing the Kennedy Assassination?
The tagline on the Visit Dallas home page says it all: “ Dallas: Big Things Happen Here.” Perhaps at no time more than today—the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination —will those words take on a darker dualism. This is especially so for the city’s business community, which must wrestle with a highly unusual mix of emotions: optimism over the thousands of tourists due to come to ...
Nov. 22, 2013 - AdWeek
- John Sentamu in Episcopal News Service
In his introductory text, Archbishop of York John Sentamu writes: "For me, Faith is the spiritual engine of change. Thank God that old dualism between the personal and social gospel is breaking down. We need to rediscover a new faith-based movement...
- Richard Gere in Reuters Canada
China should be achieving extraordinary greatness,Gere said. "At some point they are going to have to face the fact that this system they have committed themselves to will not work. The kind of pretend dualism of communism and capitalism...
- Gordon G. Gallup in Seattle Times
Most animals seem incapable of learning that their behavior is the source of the behavior in the mirror,Gallup said. "They are incapable of deciphering that dualism."