dropkick : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (football) kicking (as for a field goal) in which the football is dropped and kicked as it touches the ground
- v make the point after a touchdown with a dropkick
- v drop and kick (a ball) as it touches the ground, as for a field goal
- When restrictions were lifted from the use of the forward pass 20 years ago, the pass began to supplant the dropkick as a scoring maneuver.
- He made the dropkick that tied the score instead of trying for a touchdown.
- Paul Scull's long dropkick in the first quarter was enough to turn a well-played and well-attended game to the credit of Pennsylvania.
News & Articles
- Dropkick Murphys Delay Start of Concert for Bruins-Blackhawks, Put Game on Big Screens During Show
The Dropkick Murphys are huge Boston sports fans. When you’re a band that plays the majority of your gigs at night, however, that makes it difficult to catch games. That scenario presented itself Wednesday night when the band was slated to play a show at the Paramount on Long Island during Game 1 of the […]
June 13, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Horton injury update; Hillary Clinton: ‘Go Blackhawks’; Messier, Leetch package duo (Puck Headlines)
Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media. • The Dropkick Murphys, who are diehard Bruins fans, refused to play … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Photo Galleries: Orion day 1 featuring Red Hot Chili Peppers, DropKick Murphys, Rise Against and Bassnectar
Orion Music + More Festival: Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, DropKick Murphys, Rise Against, Bassnectar, Dead Sara, Battlecross, Deftones, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Japandroids, Death
June 11, 2013 - MLive Detroit
- Verne Gagne in TurnTo23.com
I had 18 people ready for them,Gagne said after training a recent WWE crop of newbies. "And Stephanie said, Well, Greg, you did a good job but you're teaching the kids to dropkick the wrong way. I said, 'Steph, I made my living throwing...
- Joe Gittleman in Asbury Park Press
There's certainly a pride for our city that we share with The Dropkick Murphys, aside from just being friends from the scene,said Bosstones bassist Joe Gittleman, calling in from Chicago a few days before the show. "When the Bosstones...
- Ken Casey in Boston Herald
Whatever we've got to do to get in here,Casey added. "They gave us these passes a couple of days ago and you never want to give a Dropkick Murphy an all-access pass too early . . . I don't think I've gone home since I got it."