drenched : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged
- v force to drink
- v permeate or impregnate
The war drenched the country in blood
- v cover with liquid; pour liquid onto
- s abundantly covered or supplied with; often used in combination
drenched in moonlight
- Marilyn's media-drenched image as a tragic dumb blond has become an American archetype, along with the Marlboro Man and the Harley-straddling wild one.
- No wonder she railed, "The militancy of men, through all the centuries, has drenched the world with blood.
- That we're also the lowest, cruelest, most blood-drenched species is our shameand our paradox.
News & Articles
- Hatchet III
My prayers weren’t answered. In my 2010 review of “Hatchet II,’’ I implored readers to “say a prayer that there’s no ‘Hatchet III’ in the future.’’ Sad to say, there is one and it’s opening today. It continues the gore-drenched story of bloodthirsty Victor Crowley (Kane Hodder...
June 14, 2013 - New York Post
- In India, Farmers Pick Heartier Seeds Over Those With High Yields
Farmers in the Ganges River delta in Eastern India. All photos by Sam Eaton of Homelands Productions. When a cyclone hits India, the sea-drenched soil can remain salty for years. Farmers are finding new high-yield rice seeds are not withstanding the salty onslaught as well as seeds developed more than a century ago. In the next " Food for 9 Billion " report, Sam Eaton travels to Eastern India to ...
June 13, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Heavy storms drench Northeast Ohio (with video)
Heavy storms that brought hail in some areas have drenched Northeast Ohio leaving flooding in some areas.
June 13, 2013 - The News-Herald
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in CBC.ca
I see on TV the birds drenched in oil, the fishermen out of work, the massive oil slick [in the Gulf of Mexico] destroying our precious ecosystem,Schwarzenegger said. "That will not happen in California."
- Jodi Benson in KITV Honolulu
When I'm in the studio, I'm completely drenched in sweat because I'm acting out the role 150 percent to make it believable,Benson explained. "I never say, 'Hey, this is just a voice so I'll create a voice.' We're not creating a voice,...
- Kyle Davies in USA Today
You get to where you're completely soaked and you keep going into the dugout and drying out,said Davies. "As soon as you get back on the mound, you're drenched again."