drape : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- n the manner in which fabric hangs or falls
she adjusted the drape of her skirt
- n a sterile covering arranged over a patient's body during a medical examination or during surgery in order to reduce the possibility of contamination
- v arrange in a particular way
drape a cloth
- v place casually
The cat draped herself on the sofa
- v cover as if with clothing
- v cover or dress loosely with cloth
drape the statue with a sheet
- Another photo shows Bush shaking hands with Abramoff in front of a window and a blue drape.
- The chief asked to peak under the drape, and after doing so, promptly left.
- Covering the planet like an elegant drape, they nourished and protected most terrestrial life.
News & Articles
- SwampDogs stumble as Peninsula rallies in 9th inning
The final out of the three-hour game was made, the rain began to poor and the lightning started to strike. The members of the Fayetteville SwampDogs receded to the back of the field at J.P. Riddle Stadium, pulled out the tarp and began to drape it over the field.
June 18, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Mr Blackwell in AHN
You know, we've got some people dancing in the end zone here in Washington, DC, measuring their drapes. They're going over to the Capitol and saying, 'My new office looks beautiful.' I think I'm going to have this size drape there, or this... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg TVNZ http://www.google.com/url?q=http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/870165&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVq6TPJeirxj53dYhJ0AsraRHd_Q Oct 25, 2006
30224 38999 drape Let it be said, however, that that criticisms are based purely on their fashion flaws - I'm sure they're all wonderful people beneath the deluge of dreck they drape themselves in," Mr. Blackwell says.
- Dierks Bentley in Houston Chronicle
Kenny (Chesney) says I should call it 'The Pipe and Drape Tour' because we have to close off half the building,Bentley joked.