- n the central area or commercial center of a town or city
the heart of Birmingham's downtown
- a of or located in the lower part of a town, or in the business center
delinquents roaming the downtown streets
- r toward or in the lower or central part of town
- Buildings that wall themselves in are deadening the life of cities Blank Wall is on its way to becoming the dominant feature of many United States downtowns," complains.
- Had the birds, which number in the thousands in downtown Austin, been poisoned by some angry loft developer? Or had they died from a bout of overindulgence of mistletoe during the .
- It is rush hour in So Paulo, and I am riding pillion through the frenetic streets of downtown.
News & Articles
- Downtown streets see construction
Beginning Monday, some downtown streets will be affected by construction as part of the Downtown
June 16, 2013 - The Tuscaloosa News
- Downtown Father's Day Events
Things happening in Downtown Cincinnati for Father's Day
June 16, 2013 - Local 12 Cincinnati
- Downtown Memphis sees construction crews return
The Great Recession silenced construction crews throughout the Memphis area, and that was especially evident Downtown, where ambitious, skyline-changing projects were put on hold, reconfigured or scrapped altogether.
June 16, 2013 - WKRN Nashville
- David Letterman in Earthtimes (press release)
This morning, I did something I have never done in my life,Letterman told his audience. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."
- Vic Toews in Montreal Gazette
A spokesman for Public Safety Minister Vic Toews, Chris McCluskey, said the minister is being continuously updated "on the destructive and violent activity taking place in downtown Toronto." "These images are truly shocking to Canadians....
- Beck in The Associated Press
Please come to downtown to play safely, we need to celebrate this. It should be a victory for the city, not a defeat,Beck told the news conference.