downbeat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the first beat of a musical measure (as the conductor's arm moves downward)
- Results in areas dominated by Sunnis, who were forced from power after Saddam's fall, were relentlessly downbeat: only 25% said life is better since the war began, and just 21 .
- Andersen's report means it might be a downbeat holiday season for many families, yet to see any sign of their online gift purchase experiments.
- The move, however, may also send a more downbeat message to some shoppers.
News & Articles
- EVENT: KCC Productions Presents Troy Roberts' "Nu-Jive"
Hailing from the remote location of Perth, West Australia, saxophonist and composer Troy Roberts Troy Roberts has won four consecutive Downbeat Jazz Soloist Awards, two consecutive West Australian Music Industry Awards, was the only Australian finalist in the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Saxophone Competition, received his first Grammy Nomination Medal, and has shared the stage with greats ...
June 22, 2013 - All About Jazz
- Oracle's Cloudy Future
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Oracle shares tanked Friday after a disappointing fiscal fourth-quarter earnings report Thursday. But Wall Street equity analysts were publishing reports indicating that a downbeat aftermath for Oracle shares may be a good time for investors to snap up a great deal for themselves as they on average maintain an "overweight" rating on the stock. Shares tumbled 9.26% Friday ...
June 21, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- FedEx 4th-Quarter Net Falls 45% on Charges; Gives Downbeat Year View
FedEx 4th-Quarter Net Falls 45% on Charges; Gives Downbeat Year View
June 19, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Pranab Mukherjee in Hindu Business Line
As next year's outlook is more downbeat...... the Government will take further steps to ensure that the labour- intensive sectors are less adversely affected,External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is currently holding charge of the...
- Salam Fayyad in Washington Post
Sorry I have to give you a downbeat assessment of what is going on,said Fayyad, a dapper and widely respected economist who won plaudits for imposing fiscal order and accountability to a once chaotic Palestinian Authority. "Things in my...
- Mike Holmgren in Forbes
Seattle coach Mike Holmgren told his team immediately after the game, "This doesn't have to be a morgue. To be honest with you, I am more on the upbeat side than the downbeat side," Holmgren said. "Our first goal was to win the division, and...