dowered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v furnish with an endowment
When she got married, she got dowered
- s supplied with a dower or dowry
- Victor Herbert, America's best known composer of music and the one without doubt best dowered with native talent, is conducting a cinema orchestra in Manhattan, the picture being.
- Since Frenchmen know that thrifty President Franklin Delano Roosevelt has a fat little fortune, they would approve if in marrying off an only daughter he dowered her with 20% of .
- On Art Collectors and Patrons: "Art, to middle-class millionaire politicians, is something to be collected and dowered.