doubler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an electronic device that doubles the voltage or the frequency of an input signal
- s having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson
- s consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs
- s twice as great or many
- a used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements
- a used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
- s large enough for two
- s having two meanings with intent to deceive
- The manufacturers advised airlines to inspect the bulkheads more frequently or reinforce all of these early-model DC-9s with "doubler" pieces.
- The right of making the third double goes back to the first doubler.
- The set's "line doubler" makes regular TV look a little richer, but the picture will stretch a bit to fill the wide screen (making Felicity's head look even bigger).
News & Articles
- North Cross announces honor rolls for middle/upper schools
Here are the middle school and high school honor rolls at North Cross School: Middle School Honor Roll First Honor Roll Sixth Grade: Miss Emily Frances Allara, Mr. Andrew Patrick Benson, Miss Olivia Anju-Lee Bloch, Miss Emma Margaret Cartledge, Miss Ann Ashley Daniel, Mr. Aidan Thomas Erwin, Miss Mary Triffany H’Doubler, Mr. Nalin Jha, Mr. [...]
June 17, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Megabucks Doubler' game
BRAINTREE, Mass. (AP) — The winning numbers in Saturday evening's drawing of the Massachusetts Lottery's "Megabucks Doubler" game were:
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Christian McBride in Detroit Free Press
Stanley Clarke's greatest legacy is that he was the first great doubler,says McBride. "He was as virtuosic on the electric bass as he was on the acoustic bass. He got all that language from bebop, rock, Motown and all of the classical...