- n a person who says one thing and does another
- The famed "Christian Marshal," Feng Yu-hsiang, who ranks as China's most benevolent and adroit double-crosser, could hardly wait to get in on whatever was taking place at Sian.
- Governor Moody was heckled, called "double-crosser" by two factions.
- Other union chiefs despised him as a double-crosser.
- Harry Truman in Washington Post
Enraged, Truman wrote a private note on his calendar: "The State Dept. pulled the rug from under me today. The first I know about it is what I read in the newspapers! Isn't that hell? I'm now in the position of a liar and double-crosser. I've never...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic News Service
And he is greedy: Money is more important than communion with Jesus, more important than God and his love. He also becomes a liar, a double-crosser who breaks with the truth,Pope Benedict said.