double-bogey : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (golf) a score of two strokes over par for a hole
- Finally, Jack hit still another drive and settled for a double-double-bogey nine, a total of 295, and $730.
- Cupit hung on a bit longer, but the tension caught up with him on the third hole, where he took a double-bogey six.
- On the verge of becoming his country's first Open winner since 1907, the unheralded Frenchman merely needed to shoot no worse than a double-bogey six on 18 to take the title.
News & Articles
- U.S. Open a special Father's Day for amateur Pan
There were moments in Cheng-Tsung Pan's U.S. Open round of 75 Saturday - such as the double-bogey on 14 or the blown par putt a hole later - when another golfer might have wilted, even snapped.
June 16, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Andres Romero in Globe and Mail
I couldn't come back after that eight,Romero said Saturday after his 65, which tied the competitive course record. "I made a double-bogey at the 18th because I was mad:.suddenly I was trying to make the cut, so I was going mad the whole...