- n a prehistoric megalithic tomb typically having two large upright stones and a capstone
- n a hussar's jacket worn over the shoulders
- n a woman's cloak with dolman sleeves
- One immense dolmen consisted of 19 pillars covered by five table stones.
News & Articles
- Stone Age tomb unearthed in Northern Ireland
The collapse of Tirnony Dolmen, a portal tomb in Maghera, Northern Ireland, is providing archaeologists with a rare opportunity to uncover the secrets of the 5,000- 6,000-year-old structure.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central